Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Benefits of a School Community Garden

The idea of gardening for food is a generally appealing topic. People really enjoy food, and people tend to also enjoy plants, and of course, people love to create something and watch it grow, enabling them to get an edible benefit out of it. That being said, gardening isn't instinctual and requires a bit of knowledge, dedication, and hard work to make sure it all goes smoothly. These are all aspects of life that school children can benefit from. Having a shared space for children to come together, learn, and create something beneficial for everyone, is an idea that I can personally get behind. There are even many schools near us that are doing it. 

Check out https://www.projectpa.org/index.php/farm-to-school/school-gardens and https://www.gse.harvard.edu/news/uk/18/07/let-it-grow

2 comments:

  1. I love food and I like plants so I really enjoyed this post. I would have loved having a garden as an elementary student. I feel like this would be a good way to show kids that they can make something from just a little seed. Like you said, it would be a great learning experience. I think when I become a teacher I will add plants to my room, even though they wont be growing it I think it will still make it a relaxing space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed the idea of this post. In today's society some people do not know where their food comes from. This would be great for kids to learn and understand how their food is grown. I also feel this is a great way to introduce how to garden and also to be a little self sufficient. Overall a great post!

    ReplyDelete

Benefits of a School Community Garden

The idea of gardening for food is a generally appealing topic. People really enjoy food, and people tend to also enjoy plants, and of course...