This is a topic that I have some personal experience with, that I felt was quite a positive one. During my time in school, I was suspended and sent to a correctional campus that was extremely strict and definitely a punishment. That being said, one of the services they offered to the kids that went there was that every day, we had two service dogs that would patrol the classrooms and interact with us throughout the day. Some of the students were chosen as permanent dog handlers and spent time with the dogs, learning skills and empathy, among other things. It was widely viewed as extremely positive by everyone I met there.
The studies behind having dogs in the classroom say that it aids in social skills, prevents social isolation, and stimulates social behavior. It provides stability and a sense of peace and companionship, especially for students that come from a troubled home life. There are shown benefits in mood, self esteem, and depression symptoms lesson when dogs are around. Dogs really just might be the best school friend you never knew you needed.
Tuesday, October 25, 2022
Benefits of Therapy Dogs in Schools
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Benefits of a School Community Garden
The idea of gardening for food is a generally appealing topic. People really enjoy food, and people tend to also enjoy plants, and of course...
-
The idea of gardening for food is a generally appealing topic. People really enjoy food, and people tend to also enjoy plants, and of course...
-
Today I was able to go and visit one of our local zoos. I feel great, and had a fantastic time. Here is what some of the studies mentio...
-
This is a topic that I have some personal experience with, that I felt was quite a positive one. During my time in school, I was suspen...
No comments:
Post a Comment