Everyone needs to take a break at some point in their lives, and in my opinion, the beach is one of the best places you can visit for a mental health boost. Blue spaces are linked to overall improved health, with studies showing that a simple walk along the sand is enough to boost mood and improve mental health. The beach is widely considered a relaxation point already, and there are reasons for that. For most, it's a change of scenery. In your every day life, you will experience many of the same sights, sounds, tastes, smells, and familiar sensory activities. Changing your scenery every so often has been shown to increase feelings of relaxation at a minimum. You may not enjoy the water like I do, but that doesn't mean you can't find your own "beach" out there somewhere. Get out and experience something new or different every once in a while!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Benefits of a School Community Garden
The idea of gardening for food is a generally appealing topic. People really enjoy food, and people tend to also enjoy plants, and of course...
-
The idea of gardening for food is a generally appealing topic. People really enjoy food, and people tend to also enjoy plants, and of course...
-
Today I was able to go and visit one of our local zoos. I feel great, and had a fantastic time. Here is what some of the studies mentio...
-
This is a topic that I have some personal experience with, that I felt was quite a positive one. During my time in school, I was suspen...

I think this is a fantastic post. As someone who is not a huge fan of the beach, I still think it is important that one carves out time for relaxation and recovery. A change of scenery to a peaceful place can do that for many. I'm glad that you have found that at the beach! Breaking the monotony of everyday life has helped you and me it seems.
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteAhh, I wish I was on the beach now. I love the beach and miss it every time I have to leave just because of how peaceful it is. I have gone to a beach in Bermuda and the sand and water there was nothing like I have ever experienced before. You would love the sand because it wasn't grainy. It was soft that it left your feet feeling smooth and like you could sleep on it.